Poker might be more attractive than many other desk jobs out there, but it still forces you to spend a lot of your time sitting. While some players might experiment with standing desks or even a treadmill to try to counteract that, most poker enthusiasts accept the fact that sitting is pretty much a part of a job description. That being said, making sure that you're comfortable during the long poker session and you're not sabotaging your health is really important. In this article, we'll talk about picking an ergonomic, comfortable chair that will allow you to keep your back straight and your winnings high - let's pick the best gaming chair for poker!
What Features Should You be Looking for in a Gaming Chair?
- Seat height adjustment - Almost every modern office chair is equipped with a pneumatic adjustment lever, allowing you to easily change the seat height. This is crucial when it comes to assuming the proper position in front of your desk. Your feet should stay flat on the ground, you should keep a 90 degree bent in the knee joint and make sure your hands can rest comfortably on the desk without putting too much strain on your elbow nerves.
- Seat width and depth - When it comes to the width of the chair, anything between 40 and 50 cm should be comfortable for most people. As for the depth make sure that your back can stay comfortably in contact with the backrest and the back of your knee isn't touching the chair when you're sitting in it.
- Lumbar support - The health of your lower back is extremely important. If you sit for long hours in a chair that doesn't support the natural inward curve of your lower spine, it might lead to 'slouching' which in turn leads to the flattening of the aforementioned curve. This is not a desirable outcome since it can severely decrease the health of your lower back and affect your well-being in a major way!
- Backrest - While the higher portion of your spine is arguably less important, the chair should allow you to position your entire back in a healthy comfortable manner. Backrests with adjustable height and angle that can follow the natural curve of your spine should go a long way when it comes to both your comfort and health during your long poker sessions.
- Seat material - If you live in a hot climate and or you like to play longer sessions, consider buying a chair that has a cloth fabric instead of leather. Remember that chairs should have enough padding to provide you with a comfortable experience.
- Armrest - This feature can help with keeping your shoulders relaxed which is very important since that's another part of your body, after the spine and knee joint that gets strained easily. Remember that your hands shouldn't stay on armrests while typing and the armrest itself shouldn't be compressing the nerves running from your elbow joint to your fingers through your forearm and wrists.
- Swivel - You should be able to rotate the chair without the need of getting up from it. This can make your workflow much more comfortable and hustle free.
Recommended Chairs for Poker
This is your best value option. It's not the most beautiful, or functional chair out there but it's good enough, especially for the price. Fabric style material combined with curved foam goes a long way when it comes to comfort and you can make all of the necessary adjustments.
GT Omega Pro
Perfect for fans of a more aggressive design. This chair has it all and unless you live in a very hot climate, you should feel comfortable using it even during long poker sessions.
A no compromise option that won't cost you an arm and a leg. Perfect for warmer climates and those that endure long sessions, as the mesh material on the backrest allows your back some air circulation.
Herman Miller Aeron
This is an extremely comfortable chair and an art piece in one item. Literally. The New York Museum of Modern Art has an Aeron in its permanent collection. While the price is obviously inflated due to the status of this chair if you're looking for the best of the best and don't mind spending a lot of money Aeron might be exactly what you're looking for! Hopefully this article will aid you someway in your search for the best gaming chair for poker.
More Top Rated ContentArticles
- How Does Rakeback Work? Make Money With Volume!
- How to Become a Professional Poker Player
- How to become a Sponsored Poker Pro
- Americas CardRoom $100nl Live Play Part 1/4
- W34z3l: NoteCaddy Custom Stats Setup
- Man v Machine: Poker Snowie Episode 1